Thursday, February 18, 2010

Life...a bit like a jigsaw puzzle

THIS MORNING I WAS INVITED TO A BIRTHDAY BREAKFAST FOR TWO OF MY DEAR FRIENDS. It is always a treasure to be with this group of ladies. They teach me many things about life. I bet they probably don't even realize how much they teach me. They all have children that are a little older than mine and all have been married a little longer than I, and they all love the Lord, to me they are great role models to be following.

So at breakfast of course we were doing what ladies love to do when we get together....TALK. And its always amazing to me how conversation flows from one topic to the next. Never a quiet or dull moment. We talk about our families, mostly our kids, our jobs, our love of knitting, or not, and we got to talking about puzzles. Most of us realized that we like putting puzzles together. We were discussing how we put puzzles together, I never realized there were so many different ways to put puzzles together, some sort them on cookie trays and pass the trays around the table, some take a piece and hold it to the box to find where its place is...I just assumed that everyone put a puzzle together the same way I do...start with the outsides and then just kinda go which ever way the pieces take you. Guess I was wrong.

This evening I was thinking back to our conversation on puzzles and it got me thinking... Our lives are like a jigsaw puzzle, each piece fits together and each day represents a piece of that puzzle and at the end of our lives our puzzle will be complete! WOW, then I got to wondering what my completed puzzle will look like. Will it be filled or half empty? Will it be full of brightness or darkness or maybe a mixture! Will it be filled with relationships and connections? Am I even doing everything I can so that my puzzle is full?

I hope that my finished puzzle will be similar to a Thomas Kinkade. There are dimming spots where the sun is not shining through the trees(my sadness, sorrow, and pain) and then there are bright spots where the sun is shining so bright you will need your sunglasses(my joyous times). The colors are so majestic. There are tall trees that could tell a story if they could talk. The skies are so bright you could get lost in them. They take some time to put together, but in the end they are beautiful!

Our puzzles are uniquely made by us, for us and there is not another one like it.

WHAT DO you think your puzzle will look like?

2 comments:

  1. Great job Meghan!! I'll be checking back in for some inspiration...thanks for helping me bring my bright spots to mind and remember that everyone has the spots of darkness...(oh...and by the way...I'll fight that bird off of ya any day!!!)
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know one thing! The pieces of my puzzle will not have been picked from and passed around on a cookie sheet. I'll have done the legwork! :)

    ReplyDelete